We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
You have to put your litter scoop somewhere, but you don’t want to hang it just anywhere, either. After all, it may look clean but it’s still covered in some cat waste, dirty litter, and all kinds of bacteria. That’s where a cat litter scoop holder comes in handy.
We’ve gathered the best litter scoop holders on the market in one convenient list. Each one has its own pros and cons and has earned its place on our list. You’re sure to find one that’s the right fit for you, your cat, and your home.
Keep reading to find out more about the best litter scoop holders!
Best Universal Litter Scoop Holder
The CatGuru Scoop Holder can fit any size litter scoop. So, no matter what scoop you’re using, you’ll be able to store it in this holder. It also features a removable dustpan insert and is weighted so it won’t tip over.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Easy to clean
- Can go anywhere
- Takes up floor space
- More expensive than other options
Overall, the CatGuru Scoop Holder is the best universal scoop holder since it fits all litter scoops.
Best Litter Scoop Holder for Easy Installation
If you don’t want to take up any floor space with your litter scoop, hanging it from the wall is a great option. But, before you stick an ugly nail into the wall consider the Welldoit Alloy Scooper Holder. It’s easy to install and can hold a variety of cat scoops.
- Easy to install with peel-and-stick backing
- Bent hooks prevent scoop from falling
- Comes with 2 hooks for multiple cat homes
- Doesn’t fit all litter scoops
- May damage wall when removed
If you’re looking for a fast and easy way to get your litter scoop off the ground, the Welldoit Alloy Scooper Holder is the way to go.
Cutest Litter Scoop Holder
We can’t help but love Scoopy the Cat Litter Scoop Holder! After all, it’s in the shape of a cat! It’s also made of a washable plastic so that it’s easy to clean. Plus, it allows you to keep your scoop out in the open where it’s convenient to grab, but you don’t have to look at it.
- Can buy in black or white
- Comes with a litter scoop
- Absolutely adorable!
- Too small for most cat scoops
- Lightweight, so it may tip over
Scoopy the Cat Litter Scoop Holder is the cutest way to hide your litter scoop, but you may want to add some weight to it so it doesn’t tip over.
Best Litter Scoop Holder for Cleaning Scoops
One of the reasons the litter box area smells is the waste that clings to the scoop. The SmartyKat Inside Scoop Holder is designed to solve that problem. It’s made completely out of silicon for easy cleaning, and has nubs on which you can easily clean off the scoop when putting it inside.
- Suction cups make it easy to attach to plastic litter boxes
- Fits most sizes of litter scoops
- Doesn’t take up a lot of space
- Occasionally falls of the litter box
- Reviewers complained of low-quality materials
The SmartyKat Inside Scoop Holder will help you keep your litter scoop off the ground and attached to the litter box where it’s convenient for you.
Best Litter Scoop Holder for Organization
If you have a few tools for your cat’s litter box you want to keep organized, the Petlinks Purrfect Order Cat Litter Caddy is the best litter scoop holder for you! It’s got four compartments in which you can keep your scoop, baking soda, a broom and dustpan, and anything else you may want for your litter box area.
- Made of easy-to-clean plastic
- Designed to connect to the Vapor Vault litter waste container
- Can change the size of compartments to fit what you want
- Takes up a lot of space
- May be difficult to resize sections
At the end of the day, the Petlinks Purrfect Order Cat Litter Caddy is perfect for anyone that has several litter box supplies they want to keep organized.
Best Built-in Litter Scoop Holder
The Petmate Giant Litter Pan isn’t just one of the largest litter pans available. It also comes with a built-in litter scoop holder. This earns it a place on our list. It actually has two attached compartments so you can store more than just the litter scoop in it.
- Large litter box great for big cats and multiple-cat homes
- Keeps scoop where it’s most convenient
- Antimicrobial coating helps reduce odors
- Curved side can cause cats to “miss” box
- No ability to change where litter scoop is located
If you’re in the market for a new litter box and a scoop holder, you can kill two birds with one stone with the Petmate Giant Litter Pan.
Best Litter Scoop Holder for Odor Control
Odor control is something all cat owners have in mind when it comes to the litter box. One way to cut down on odor control is with Nature’s Miracle Antimicrobial Scoop & Caddy. Both the scoop and holder have a special coating to keep odor-causing bacteria at bay.
- Can be hung on the side of most litter boxes
- Keeps litter scoop from view
- Comes with scoop
- Reviewers complain that waste sticks to scoop
- Doesn’t work well with large loads
To help keep the litter box area smelling as nice as possible, the Nature’s Miracle Antimicrobial Scoop & Caddy is the way to go.
Best Litter Scoop Holder for Quality
As far as quality goes, nothing beats the Pidan Studio Premium Quality Litter Scoop Set. With a sleek, patented design, this set comes with the scoop holder and a matching litter scoop. It was released only after rigorous testing, so you know you’re getting something nice.
- Aesthetic design matches any décor
- Weighted to avoid tipping over
- Ergonomic scoop handle for maximum comfort
- Expensive compared to other options
- Some reviewers reported the scoop broke
If you want a scoop holder with style, the Pidan Studio Premium Quality Litter Scoop Set will give you all that and more.
Best Litter Scoop Holder for Hanging on Litter Pans
For some people, floor space is valuable, and shouldn’t be used for things like litter scoop holders. That’s where the Shiva Litter Scoop with Holder Set comes in. This set of a scoop and holder is perfect for hanging on the side of nearly any litter pan so you don’t waste your floor space.
- Fits nearly any size scoop
- Made of easy-to-clean plastic
- Can be hooked to the side of litter pan or set upright on floor
- Low-quality scoop
- May fall from litter pan if jostled
Overall, the Shiva Litter Scoop with Holder Set is a great option for someone that wants to keep their cat’s litter scoop as close to the litter box as possible.
Best Litter Cleaning Set
This last entry on our list is much more than just a holder. It’s a complete cleaning set and comes with everything you may need to keep your cat’s litter box area tidy. This caddy comes with a litter scoop, a small broom, and a dust pan.
- Conveniently hangs on side of the litter box
- Doesn’t take up too much space
- Makes cleaning fast and easy
- May not work with other scoops
- May be made with low-quality materials
The SRHOME Cat Cleanup Kit helps you stay organized with your cat’s litter box cleaning, which means less work and more time with your cat for you.
Choosing the Best Litter Scoop Holder for You
Hopefully, this list of the best litter scoop holders has already given you some ideas for how you can store your cat litter scoop. Doing so will help you reduce cat litter odors and will allow you to store your cat litter scoop where it’s most convenient for you.
As with most decisions regarding your cat, picking a litter scoop holder is a personal choice. What works best for one person may not be for the next.
Here are some things to think about to help you decide which of these to get for your home:
- Do you have the floor space to devote to a litter scoop holder?
- How important is an aesthetic design to you?
- Will you be needing additional supplies for your cat litter box?
With these things in mind and this list of the best litter scoop holders, you’ll be on your way to being able to enjoy your cat even more.