The Pidan Igloo Litter Box is an igloo-shaped litter box ideal for all types of cats. This uniquely-shaped box has a grated doorway precisely crafted to prevent excessive litter tracking around your home.
Table of Contents
- What is the Pidan Igloo Litter Box?
- How to use the Pidan Igloo Litter Box
- Pidan Igloo Litter Box FAQs
- What users like about the igloo litter box
- What users didn’t like about the igloo litter box
- Tips for using the igloo litter box
What is the Pidan Igloo Litter Box?
The Pidan Igloo Litter Box boasts an award-winning design (from Red Dot) for its innovative and creative qualities. This igloo-inspired covered cat box looks so good that you won’t have to hide this in an isolated corner. A decorative room element, this box comes in three different colors you can choose from – baby blue, baby pink, and arctic white.
It has a patented grated doorway designed with specific calculations that adhere to the measurements of a cat’s paw. The grated floor collects litter from the paw as the cat steps on it. Litter will then fall and accumulate back on the base of the igloo box so when the cat steps down on your floor, there’ll be no traces at all.
What are the features of the Igloo Litter Box?
- Convenient access for cats of all ages
- Modern and minimalist design
- Made with premium quality materials
- Uses Ionpure Antibacterial Technology
- Guaranteed dog proof
- Designed to prevent litter tracking
- Dimensions: 21.6” x 19.3” x 21.6”
- Weight: 8.16 lbs
How to use the Pidan Igloo Litter Box
The litter box is so spacious and can fit cats up to 17 lbs or 8 kg and it’s enclosed your cat can have some privacy. Use this one like any other conventional covered litter box. You can gain access to the litter by raising the body of the box. Cleaning is made easier by including a special compartment for the scoop, right inside the dome. Invisible on the outside, the scoop is easily accessible just when you need it.
The box seems closed but you don’t have to worry about ventilation. Ample amount of fresh air still circulates inside the box through the doorway. Keep the litter clean and there is no reason for the box to emit any foul odor.
Interested? Get to know the Pidan Igloo Litter Box in a more visual way by watching this video:
Pidan Igloo Litter Box FAQs
What kind of litter can I use for this box?
You can use your choice regular or clumping litter.
Will it fit for cats of all sizes?
Some users advise the Igloo Litter Box is not for very large or overweight cats. One reviewer noted it’s probably not suitable for large breeds such as the Maine Coon.
Can I use a liner with this one?
Yes. You can utilize any plastic liner for this purpose.
How heavy is the top to lift?
The dome cover alone is around 5 lbs so it’s relatively easy to lift.
What users like about the igloo litter box
Most people admire how this litter box combines beauty and functionality. One user noted –
“This little Snow House packs the ideal combination of form and function in one sleek design. It not only looks great, but also eliminates tracking better than any other litter box I’ve tried. I can tell my cat absolutely loves it. It’s the best litter box I’ve ever owned.”
Another user even compared it to a tech-giant:
“I guess Apple really has influenced a generation of industry designers. If Apple designed a “kitty toilet”, it would look like this one. No handle, no buckles, even the scoop is hidden inside the litter box. The litter box itself is a surprise – proving to be much bigger than what pictures show.”
What users didn’t like about the igloo litter box
Most complaints from Amazon reviewers are related to the size of the box, in relation to their cats’ needs –
“My cat would not use it. It is too small in the inside. She is 8 pounds. It was very pretty, but I ended up giving it away.”
Another user expressed disappointment to a potential glitch in the design –
“This cat box does a great job of keeping down smells and stopping litter from being tracked everywhere. Unfortunately, it consistently leaks urine because the sides of the base just aren’t high enough.”
Tips for using the igloo litter box
- You can Take out the scoop to create a little bit more space inside.
The Pidan Igloo Cat Litter Box is truly designed with cats in mind. Makers guarantee its design is derived by actually thinking from a cat’s perspective. The result is a modern design that promotes aesthetics without sacrificing functionality.
- Patented grated doorway keeps your litter in litter box instead of on your floor, size of each grate is precisely calculated to open your cat's paw
- No matter you have a baby cat, they can enter into the litter box effortlessly, the slightly elevated doorway height gives your cat a stress free
- Dog proof: Have both cats and dogs? No worries, with igloo litter box, your dogs can never ever reach their "finger snacks" anymore
- Made of food contact grade polypropylene(pp), the entire litter box is enhanced with ion pure, an innovative technology from Japan